환자안전 인식 향상을 위한 의과대학생 대상 환자안전 역할극 교육의 효과
- 이원; 표지희; 장승경; 최은영; 옥민수; 조민우; 이상일
- Publication Year
- Patient safety; Disclosure of patient safety incidents; Patient safety role-play; Patient safety education
- Background: Research on education and training for disclosure of patient safety incidents (DPSI) conducted in the Republic of Korea is insufficient quantitatively. We evaluated the effectiveness of education through patient safety role plays for medical students, including disclosure of patient safety incidents.
Methods: Patient safety role play education was provided to 4th-grade students in a medical college. The difference was estimated to be the effect of education by comparing the magnitude of changes in patient safety knowledge and awareness of DPSI between the 4th graders who participated in the role play education and 3rd graders who did not use the difference-in-differences method, one of the quasi-experimental research models.
Results: The level of patient safety knowledge of 4th graders increased 0.6 points (before 4.1 points, after 4.7 points), and the level of patient safety knowledge of 3rd graders did not change (before 3.6 points, after 3.6 points). The difference-in-differences analysis resulted in an increase of 0.6 points, but this was not statistically significant (p-value=0.158). When examining changes in DPSI recognition using hypothetical cases, the difference-in-differences values increased in most cases, but there were no statistically significant results.
Conclusion: Although not statistically significant, education regarding DPSI through patient safety role plays is thought to be able to expect positive changes in the level of patient safety knowledge and awareness of DPSI. In the future, large-scale research needs to be carried out to develop hypothetical cases suitable for education regarding DPSI and to identify the effectiveness of education.
- Alternative Title
- Effectiveness of Patient Safety Role-Playing Education for Medical Students to Improve Patient Safety Awareness
- 이원. (2021-05-31). 환자안전 인식 향상을 위한 의과대학생 대상 환자안전 역할극 교육의 효과. HIRA Research, 1(1), 64-80. doi: https://doi.org/10.52937/hira.220.127.116.11
- 공개 및 라이선스
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.